Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing

I don't have a blessed clue how to make this blog pretty, add pictures, or anything. I'll have to scope around and see what I can learn.

Meanwhile, another post already!

I absolutely adore Sally Lloyd-Jones' children's books. We have The Jesus Storybook Bible, which I love because it weaves an overarching theme of redemption in with all of the stories, and points to Jesus every time. Most Bible story books don't have that kind of cohesiveness. We got her new childrens' devotional, Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing, for Barrett for Christmas this year. It's a little over his head but I like to think he is at least retaining a concept or two every day.

Mostly, though, it speaks to me as I read to him. Its simple language drives home truth to my heart every time.

Yesterday we read this:

"Instead of listening to what your fears are saying, and believing them, you can pick up the sword of God's Word and go on the attack.

How do you do that?

You say these things that are true--the things God has told you: 'God has a good plan for my life!' 'I will trust and not be afraid!' 'Through Jesus I am more than a conqueror!'"

I may just be repossessing Thoughts to Make Your Heart Sing for my own devotional book. :)

Love and blessings to anyone who may be reading this little blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment