Monday, February 25, 2013

Celebrating Life

This weekend we dropped the little people off at their grandparents' house and headed out for some just-the-two-of-us time in honor of my husband's birthday.

I'm so grateful to live in my favorite state. Just a little weekend trip seeing the beauty of Florida feels like an amazing vacation. We had such a lovely time...staying in a hotel on the beach...dressing up for  dinner at a five-star restaurant...touring tucked-away little beach towns...doing a little shopping (I finally talked him into buying a pair of converse shoes--I've been working on that one for years!)...climbing a high rope obstacle course...browsing bookstores...and just enjoying one another's company.

At the restaurant, we sat underneath a tree strung with white lights and paper lanterns, and made a toast--to his being here another year. Because we don't take it for granted anymore.

God is so good to us.

Of course after just two days away, we were very ready to get back and see the kids. :) I always love a chance to get away and have a little while without anyone needing me...but I always miss my babies. I'm so glad we get to be a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment